1. Well, walking liquor has done me wrong. I can't
sleep night or day.
A terrible feelin' that comes along when the kick it
begins to get away.
Â…poison and a mixture or two. They call it sugar of
If you drink bootleg 'shine, you'll sure have an achin'
2. Did you ever wake up on a Sunday morn with snakes
all around your bed?
I know you have. I have, too. I know I'd rather be
The preacher comes around and gives advice, and then
you have to stall.
But if he gets to the bottle first, you know, he'll
never leave you none at all.
3. I tell you, brother, and I won't lie, what's the
matter in this land:
They'll pitch a party and they'll all get drunk, and
call it society,
But if they catch you with a pint, good mornin'
4. Well, prohibition* has killed more folks than
Sherman ever seen.
If they don't get whiskey, they'll take to dope,
cocaine, and morphine.
This ol' country it sure ain't dry, and dry will never
Prohibition* is just a scheme, a fine money-makin'
5. Carbolic acid and creosote ought to kill any man.
Some get paralyzed, some get well, some hit the Golden
The undertaker has got to live. Beat him if you can.
Prohibition*, say it again, is a money-makin' fine
Most visited JORMA KAUKONEN lyrics :
- » Genesis
- » Ice age